Since 1991, Farmacéuticos Mundi works to improve awareness and inform our society about the existing healthcare problems in the Southern countries, we do this through five fundamental fazes:
- Access and promotion of rational medicinal use.
- Education for healthcare, with emphasis on gender differences.
- Suitable donations of medicines.
- Creation and donation of healthcare facilities.
- Awareness of the current system Investigation and Development I+D of the Pharmaceutical industry (patents on medicines, high prices on some of the available treatment, etc.)
Education for the development (EpD) is an essential instrument in generating awareness and a social change that promotes commitment and solidarity with the Southern countries. At the present, Farmacéuticos Mundi (Farmamundi) continues to promote social awareness and training throughout the national territory using our thirteen regional headquarters located in Andalucía, Aragón, Asturias, Cantabria, Catalunya, Castilla-La Mancha, Castilla y León, Extremadura, Galicia, Madrid, Murcia, Euskadi and Comunitat Valenciana.